In memory of Tom Conley, founding partner, Senior VP and CFO of Professional Printers, Inc., and a long-standing member of Covenant Community Church in Red Bank, SC where he served as a deacon and trustee, The Tom Conley Youth Leadership Initiative is a scholarship program in his honor. Tom was a man of faith, with a ready voice to share, discuss and defend the gospel of Jesus Christ, though always in a gracious manner. Tom was also an advocate for the youth of his church to experience the world while growing in their own faith journey.
The goal of The Tom Conley Youth Leadership Initiative is to help prepare high school students for college and the workplace, by an immersive two-week training experience sponsored by Summit Ministries held at Covenant College, Chattanooga, TN.
As future leaders, Christian teenagers need to know what they believe and why, and be able to communicate to others in a relevant fashion. The program aims to educate Christian teens about the various worldviews of the world's dominant religious perspectives, and equip them to express and discuss their own faith, resulting in a better mutual understanding.
How to Participate
Donations may be sent to:
Convent Community Church
Attn: Tom Conley Scholarship
1302 Old Orangeburg Rd
Lexington, SC 29073
- We ask for a 3-year commitment, beginning in Feb. 2023
- Covenant Community Church will receive funds and administer scholarships
- Covenant Community Church will provide a written report after selecting recipients and distributing funds
- Qualified students will receive approximately $2000 each to attend the two-week program
- The program is provided by the non-denominational organization, Summit Ministries (www.summit.org);accredited by the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability